Thursday, January 1, 2009

Jan. 1, 2009

Wow ... 2008 went fast. Maizie and I managed to stay awake to see it leave, but just barely. I channel-surfed between Times Square celebration and ESPN where some idiot was attempting to jump a ramp in his big-ass truck and do a complete flip and land on his tires ... well he did, but ... rubber is bouncy, especially when 50 tons is involved. He did not drive away. Doesn't take a physics major to see that shit comin. Incidentally, hubby went to bed at 10:30pm and Maizie was asleep on the ottoman when the clock struck midnight.

I slept in till 10am ... and was thankful to not wake with a hangover. I only drank 1 beer last night, so ... I didn't expect to be hungover, just thankful I'm not stupid anymore ... only took me 40 years to learn that damn lesson ...hahah Hubby had cooked a nice, big breakfast of biscuits and sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and hash browns. Hmm, what about my resolutions? I'd better refigure my confidence and conviction!! It was delicious.

Not much happening today ... I found an awesome website this morning. I go through these phases once in a while where I follow a high-profile criminal case. Now when I say "follow", what I really mean, possibly .. probably, is I obsess over the case. This case is the one involving the little 2 year old girl who disappeared in Florida while in her mother's care, yet was not reported missing till 1 month later. Anyway, this website has transcripts of interviews with witnesses, copies of cell phone records, actual court documents like search warrants and complaints, among other documents. We have the Georgia/Michigan game on, but I can't wait to get back to my new find!

Happy 2009 to whoever happens to wander across my blog. :)

3 comments:

  1. I've been following the Caylee ANthony story too. Tragic huh??

    Sounds like my typical New Year's Eve except this year I went to my BFF's.

    Did I ever tell you that my dog Shelby's best friend's name is Maizy? Kinda funny that you have a Maizie too especially since it's not really that common of a name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since Maizie is a Scottish Terrier, I picked a Scottish name for her. Damned if I can remember what it means, though ... What kind of dog is Shelby's best friend? Shelby is adorable, by the way! I tried posting a picture of Maizie, but my browser keeps shutting down when it's finished uploading.

    Yes, the Caylee Anthony situation is so sad ... I TIVO'd Nancy Grace earlier, so am about to watch that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite the story - wonder what goes on in "Mom's head".

    ReplyDelete