Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Change of habit?

Here's what I've been thinking that I'd like to develop ... not sure what to call it ... habit? ... routine? ...

First of all, I would like to get up earlier (like around 7am) ... thinking of subscribing to either a couple of daily local newspapers (probably Jackson County and Athens Banner Herald), or to the daily Atlanta newspaper. I'm not even sure what it costs, but I'm about to find out. THAT may nip idea #1 right in the bud.

Then, I would start the coffee. I have a fancy coffee maker with a timer and everything, but ... those were not made for procrastinators. They should have put a warning on the box. My idea of a Procrastinator's Cofee Maker has 1 button ... "on/off". Marty had good intentions ... :) Now, I'm fine if HE wants to utilize all those fancy options.

While my coffee is brewing, I would like to either get on my eliptical for 20 minutes or go for a 30 minute walk. Grab the newspaper on my way back up the driveway.

Then, either plop down on my back deck porch swing, or inside in my recliner w/ GMA on for background sound, sip my coffee, and read my newspaper(s).

Let's see, it'd be around 0800 by this time. If I had a personal chef, he would have my breakfast waiting for me when I came in from my exercise, but ... since I am the chef ... screw it ... cereal again, cause I'm now realizing I don't have time to leisurely read my paper(s) AND eat a nice little breakfast ...

Looks like I'll either need to get up at 0600 or stick with my current routine .... sleep in till 0830, get up and put coffee on, turn on TV, fire up laptop, get coffee, sit in recliner, check foxnews website, followed by facebook, followed by gmail, followed by blog. 0930, shower, 1030 work till 9pm. :)

Oh well ... in my next life, maybe I can change my habits.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Well, the thought was there.

    The early morning and walk would be a good idea. Then you can just check the sites after the walk. At least that would be a start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspirational post, Marce. There was a time I played racquetball every other morning with a friend (at 6:30am) and it felt great. Now Im lucky if I can sit down to tie my shoes instead of jamming my feet into them and working them on while walking to the car. Maybe you can compromise, and get up at 7:30 to do some of your ideal morning stuff! Baby steps...

    ReplyDelete