Monday, March 9, 2009

Maizie loves Brodie

Yesterday literally FLEW by ... I nearly put off my tater salad for too long! I made a little tub for my step daughter to take home (she says her mama doesn't make tater salad ... "she doesn't like it" WHAT?!) We had SO much food to take to Brenda and her family ... Gigi stopped in at a restaurant (Brooks' sis in law owns a country buffet kinda place) and Sue just started piling the containers into Gigi's car ... country steak and gravy, chicken strips, fried okra, corn, mashed potatoes, homemade biscuits ... it was obscene!!! Plus, Brenda got her ribs from Gumlog. While we were carting it in, I wish we'd planned to stay for dinner! In hindsight, we really should have. I was thinking "in and out quickly" as I didn't think they would be up to company, but in the end, I think they wanted us to stay longer. I know Merle (Brenda's husband) did ... followed us out the front door and kept talking. We will stay longer next time. :)

Kayla's friend, Jordan (former roommate) and her dog, Brodie (a Yorkie, in BAD need of a haircut!), came to visit last night ... Maizie was in heaven!!! "A friend, Mommy!!! A friend came to play!!!" Needless to say, between going to the cabin Saturday night, and Brodie's visit yesterday, Maizie is moving SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWW today. (I am too, but that's nothing new!)

Happy Monday to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Maizie needs a fulltime doggie friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, I've been tryin on that one .... Marty says NO!!!

    ReplyDelete